The conference “LIFE Projects Protect Climate and Environment: sustainable initiatives for a better future.”
On June 27-28, 2023, the conference LIFEVIIEW2050 titled “LIFE Projects Protect Climate and Environment: Sustainable Initiatives for a Better Future” was organized by CAKE/KOBIZE/IOŚPIB. The conference provided an opportunity to learn about various projects implemented under the LIFE program in Poland and discuss their successes, challenges, and implementation issues.
On June 28, 2023, the conference was opened by Krystian Szczepański, Director of IOŚ-PIB, Sławomir Mazurek, Deputy President of the Management Board of NFOŚIGW, and Robert Jeszke, head of CAKE. Karolina Wądołowska from NFOŚIGW discussed the new rules, changes, and regulations that emerged in the LIFE Program, while Zbigniew Karaczun from ELMEN presented on changes in project monitoring methods.
In the next part of the meeting, beneficiaries of LIFE projects in Poland presented their projects:
- Marta Rosłaniec from CAKE presented the objectives of our LIFEVIIEW2050 project and CAKE’s previous experiences in implementing LIFE projects.
- Dr. hab. Eng. Joanna Strużewska (PW and IOŚ-PIB) presented the Liferemy Eu project, aiming to achieve more reliable air quality assessments and reduce the impact of emission uncertainties on modeling results.
- Justyna Orłowska, PhD, from Polska Zielona Sieć presented the LIFE ETX project, which aims to promote knowledge about the emissions trading system (EU ETS).
- Dr. hab. Sabina Rosiek-Pawłowska from Wrocław University of Science and Technology presented the CoolSpaces4LIFE project, which aims to develop innovative solar-powered refrigeration devices.
- Piotr Mikołajczyk from UNEP/GRID-Warsaw presented the LIFE Green GO! Carpathians and new LIFECOOLCity projects, aiming to increase the adaptive capacity of EU cities by implementing GIS and remote sensing in blue-green infrastructure management processes.
- Martyna Jankiewicz from PROZON Fundacja Ochrony Klimatu presented the REFRIGERANTS LIFE CYCLE project, which focuses on a demonstration installation for the separation of waste mixed refrigerants.
- Marzena Andrzejewska-Wierzbicka from the Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa Wielkopolskiego presented the LIFE AFTER COAL PL project, aiming to implement a climate neutrality strategy in Eastern Wielkopolska.
- Monika Ślusarska-Czuber presented the LIFE Pandion PL project regarding the protection of fishing areas in selected areas in Poland, and Aleksandra Flis presented the LIFE PODKOWIEC PLUS project on protecting bat breeding habitats – STATE FORESTS GENERAL DIRECTORATE.
- Izabela Ratman-Klosinska from the Instytut Ekologii Terenów Uprzemysłowionych presented the LIFEproETV project, which aims to establish the recognition of environmental technologies.