UPTAKE project kick-off meeting in Milan
On the 17th to the 18th of October, 2023 IOŚ-PIB/CAKE participated in the UPTAKE project kick-off meeting in Milan hosted by the RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment. UPTAKE is a Horizon Europe funded research project coordinated by the CMCC Foundation.
The UPTAKE project aims to deepen understanding of the potential role of Carbon Dioxide Removals – CDR in achieving European and global climate policy goals.
The 20-institution consortium from all over Europe aims to provide a harmonized, comprehensive, integrated and transparent inventory of CDR knowledge.
The result of 4 years of work of the UPTAKE project will be a comparative assessment that goes beyond current technoeconomic analysis, taking into account their broader environmental, life cycle, economic, social, political and governance implications and knock-on effects, as well as their role in the overall portfolio of actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The CAKE team, like each of the 20 members of the consortium, presented IOŚ-PIB/KOBiZE – the institution it represents and talked briefly about the team members. The kick-off meeting was primarily an opportunity to outline the tasks needed to be performed in individual WPs, but also a chance to meet members of other teams during planned social activities.
Below are the list of participants of the project:
- Coordinator: Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (FONDAZIONE CMCC),
- POTSDAM-INSTITUT FUER KLIMAFOLGENFORSCHUNG e.V. (PIK)
- MERCATOR RESEARCH INSTITUTE ON GLOBAL COMMONS AND CLIMATE CHANGE (MCC) GGMBH (MCC gGmbH),
- INTERNATIONALES INSTITUT FUER ANGEWANDTE SYSTEMANALYSE (IIASA),
- MINISTERIE VAN INFRASTRUCTUUR EN WATERSTAAT (PBL),
- UNIVERSITEIT UTRECHT (UU),
- E3-MODELLING AE (E3M),
- AARHUS UNIVERSITET (AU),
- CHALMERS TEKNISKA HOGSKOLA AB (CHALMERS),
- STIFTUNG WISSENSCHAFT UND POLITIK (SWP),
- KIEL INSTITUT FUER WELTWIRTSCHAFT (IfW),
- UNIVERSITAET HAMBURG (UHAM),
- INSTITUT FUR KLIMASCHUTZ ENERGIE UND MOBILITÄT – RECHT, ÖKONOMIE UND POLITIK EV (IKEM),
- Fundacja Instytut Reform (REFORM),
- INSTYTUT OCHRONY SRODOWISKA – PANSTWOWY INSTYTUT BADAWCZY (IOS-PIB),
- UNIVERSITA‘ COMMERCIALE LUIGI BOCCONI (UB),
- EIDGENOESSISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE ZUERICH (ETH),
- PAUL SCHERRER INSTITUT (PSI),
- UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE (USTRATH),
- UNIVERSTY COURT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN (UNIABDN),