The LIFE VIIEW 2050 Platform – a technical platform in the form of an online forum established to disseminate knowledge about the EU ETS functioning, its impacts and interactions with other policies is one of the elements of the LIFE VIIEW 2050 project implemented by the Institute of Environmental Protection – National Research Institute, hereafter the Platform. The purpose of establishing the Platform is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge on successful solutions and practices in supporting communication, management and dissemination of information on climate policy, and to ensure wider dissemination of knowledge about carbon markets and their contribution to achieving the emission reduction target in line with the Paris Agreement objectives.
Pursuant to Art. 13 sec. 1-2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation; Official Journal of the European Union L 119, p. 1) – hereinafter “GDPR”, Institute of Environmental Protection-National Research Institute (hereinafter: “IOŚ-PIB”) as the Personal Data Controller, notifies:
I. IOŚ-PIB, based in Warsaw 00-548 at Krucza 5 / 11d and registered at the Entrepreneurs Register operated by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000032034, acts as Data Controller. The Director of the Institute acts on behalf of IOŚ-PIB.
II. Contact to the Data Protection Officer (hereinafter: “DPO”) at IOŚ-PIB: email@example.com
III. Personal data is collected on the basis of art. 6 sec. 1 letter a) – the data subject has given consent to the extent to which you participate in the Platform and provide your data (registration, newsletter), art. 6 sec. 1 letter f) – necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, to the extent that we may contact you in matters relating to the Platform (contact form).
Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for the registration and participation in the LIVE VIIEW 2050 Platform operated by the National Centre for Emissions Management under the LIFE VIIEW 2050 project implemented under the grant agreement with the European Commission (grant agreement LIFE19 GIC/PL/001205 – LIFE VIIEW 2050, of November 18, 2020) for co-financing activities implemented in the public interest by the National Centre, referred to in art. 3 sec. 2 point 10 lit. k, r, s, t of the Act of 17 July 2009 on the system of managing the emissions of greenhouse gases and other substances.
The provided personal data are necessary for registration and participation in the Platform, that is also a place for analyses and discussions between the climate policy addressees of climate policy, EU ETS stakeholders and the public.
IV. The following data recipients may have access to personal data:
1. staff directly involved in the implementation of the LIFE VIIEW 2050 project,
2. public administration entities authorized to obtain such information on the basis of legal provisions, including administration entities of the EU Member States,
3. entities participating in the statutory duties of the Data Controller, external entities providing and supporting IT systems of the IOŚ-PIB, entities providing services related to the current activities of the IOŚ-PIB – while ensuring by the above-mentioned entities adequate technical and organizational measures to guarantee data protection,
4. the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, as the party to the agreement on the Project co-financing,
5. the European Commission, under the grant agreement for co-financing (contract number LIFE19 GIC / PL / 001205 – LIFE VIIEW 2050, dated November 18, 2020).
V. The processed personal data are recognized as a ordinary data category, in accordance with the with the login interfce, contact and newsletter form for the LIFE VIIEW 2050 Platform: identification and contact details.
VI. Data Controller informs that it does not intend to transfer data to a third country or to an international organization. Data Controller may transfer data to the European Commission.
VII. Personal data will be stored until the end of the LIFE VIIEW 2050 project implementation not shorter than until December 31, 2023 including its settlement and sustainability period untill 5 years after its implementation. Where the personal data will constitute an element of a correspondence (case), the data will be stored in accordance with the Chancellery Instruction and the Uniform List of Files, no longer than 2 years in the organizational unit and then (BE 5) years from the end of the case in the archives.
VIII. Pursuant to Art. 7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 GDPR, unless the provisions of the GDPR provide otherwise, you have the right to:
1. access the content of your data, and receive its copy, and correct, delete, limit processing, the right to object to the data being processed;
2. to withdraw your acceptance at any time without affecting the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of the acceptance before its withdrawal;
3. to complain with the supervisory authority when you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
IX. There are no decisions based on automated processing, including profiling referred to in art. 22 sec. 1 and 4 GDPR.